Is Not Managing Stress Worth What It's Costing You?
Imagine sliding into your car one morning, flicking the ignition and hearing grinding sounds from under the hood drown out the radio, what would you do?
Most likely you'd be contacting a mechanic pronto as you wouldn't risk you or your family's safety. And if the mechanic says your vehicle needs a tune-up, new parts or repairs they'd be organised asap as your car is an important part of your work and life - without it you'd be going nowhere.
Yet, if you personally begin showing signs of things being out of alignment, ignoring them usually doesn't fix them.
It doesn't take an Einstein IQ or a Rocket Science Degree to see the faulty thinking at play here.
Are You Continually Driving Yourself To Meet Obligations and Expectations?
Keeping your foot on the accelerator is one strategy of coping with relentless stress, but eventually the tank will run dry and the engine in need of a major overhaul.
What Does Stress Look Like?
- Never-ending problems that you have to fix
- Never letting your guard down
- Carrying too much financial responsibility
- Frustration that quickly boils into anger
- Arguing with your partner/colleagues more
- Working longer to avoid relationship problems
- Using alcohol or drugs to switch-off
- Making promises you know you can't deliver
- Being described as a bully
- Bullying yourself to work harder, smarter, faster
- Little time for yourself to do what you want
- Compromising to keep the peace
- Acting out of character or inappropriately at social or work functions
- Feeling like Clark Kent instead of Superman
What Does Stress Feel Like?
- A knotted gut
- Clenched teeth and jaw
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Aches and pains all over
- Exhaustion, tiredness when you wake
- Tightness in your chest
- Loss of sex drive
- Loss of sleep
What Are The Results Of Chronic Stress?
- Health issues including chronic conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, some forms of cancer brought on through poor diet, abuse of alcohol, cigarettes and/or drugs which are triggered to manage stress - among others ...
- Deterioration or loss of key relationships in your life
- Reduced memory that limits your ability to think and act at top performance
- Lost capacity to work optimally which means that your livelihood is threatened
- Suicide - which hurts too many people left behind
You're Not Alone In Managing Challenging Times - Let's Talk.
The list above are signals - just like when your car needs attention. Your body and mind needs regular care, so that if something seems out of alignment, you receive the tools and strategies to bring back optimum health and return to looking, sounding, feeling and performing at your best.
If it makes sense to service your car so it runs at peak performance then let's get you tuned up as well.
Don't wait for your engine to burn out, take action today. You can organise a confidential time to talk by completing the form to the left.